Adopting a marine animal is a fun and effective way to help marine conservation groups get the funding they need to protect these sea creatures. From manatees, sea turtles and seals to whales, sharks and dolphins, your donation in the form of an "adoption" can go a long way to towards preserving these beautiful creatures that live in our world's oceans. Adopt one for yourself or in the name of a loved one to protect these animals and their habitats. It makes a wonderful and thoughtful gift.
- The Loggerhead Marinelife Center sea turtle hospital treats and releases 50 to 60 sea turtles and thousands of hatchlings each year. Your adoption directly supports this effort by providing the funding for medication, tank maintenance, food, and veterinary care.
- At the Ocean Conservation Society, you can support the important research, conservation and protection of dolphins in Los Angeles coastal waters by “adopting” a bottlenose dolphin. By doing so, you can help build a better future for the dolphins living in our oceans. Learning more about these animals, the environment in which they live, and the threats they face will greatly increase their chances of survival.
- Adopt a real manatee and help protect an endangered species. Funds from the Save the Manatee Club’s Adopt-A-Manatee program go toward efforts to help protect manatees and their habitat. Unlike other animal adoption programs, the manatees in their adoption programs are real, living manatees with known histories. You even have the opportunity of seeing your adopted manatee at one of three locations in Florida.
- At the Marine Mammal Center, you can help buy fish and medicine for current patients and support their mission of rescuing and caring for seals, sea lions, dolphins and other marine mammals that need help. Donations also fund research into marine mammal diseases and education about the importance of ocean health.
- Since 1987 the Whale Center of New England has provided an opportunity for lovers of whales to support their work by adopting a humpback whale from their study population. It is great to know your participation in the Adopt A Whale program provides vital financial support for the many programs of the Whale Center of New England, one of the oldest whale research groups in the world.
- The Shark Research Institute invites you to join their exciting Whale Shark Study. This program enables you to adopt a whale shark, tagged by the Institute, for one year or for a lifetime. By adopting a shark you will help fund the Whale Shark Study, and receive information about your shark: when, where and by whom it was tagged. If your shark is re-sighted you will be notified where and when the re-sighting occurred.
Please consider supporting these organizations in their fight for cherished and endangered marine creatures. Your small donation can mean so much!
Brought to you by OceanStyles.com - Beach Decor