Grilled Surf-and-Turf with Spicy Garlic-Shallot Butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large shallots, quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 8- to 10-ounce New York strip steaks (each about 3/4 inch thick)
- 3 10-ounce uncooked lobster tails, thawed if frozen, cut lengthwise in half
- Combine first 7 ingredients in processor and blend until almost smooth. Spread 1 heaping teaspoon seasoned butter over each side of each steak and over each lobster half. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Transfer remaining seasoned butter to small saucepan.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Set pan with butter at edge of barbecue until butter is melted and warmed through. Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side. Grill lobster, shell side down, 5 minutes. Turn over and grill until meat is just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Transfer steaks and lobster to plates. Serve with warm seasoned butter.