Saturday, September 26, 2009

Authentic Mojito Recipe

Pinit

Where I live, it's still HOT. And I love to cool down with a nice cocktail on a Saturday afternoon.  One of my favorites is a classic mojito.  None of those contrived strawberry or other fruity version.  I'm talking back-to-hot-sweaty-sexy-Cuban basics. And I have got the best, the most original and authentic Mojito recipe around.

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1/2 lime
2 oz. white rum
2 ounces club soda
Lime wedges for garnish

Place the mint leaves into a tall mojito glass (often called a "collins" glass) and squeeze the juice from a 1/2 lime over it. Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar with a muddler or back of a spoon. Add ice (I prefer crushed ice, but it can be harder to come by if you're making this at home) then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda. Garnish with a lime wedge from the remaining 1/2 lime.

Brought to you by OceanStyles.com - Beach Decor

No comments: