Monday, September 21, 2009

Last Day of Summer

Pinit
Today officially marks the last day of summer in the northern hemispere. It makes me kind of sad. Even though I live in Florida and we generally have summer temperatures well into October (even November sometimes) I always miss the laid back, fun "attitude" that comes with summer.

I miss going into stores and seeing whole aisles full of coconut scented sunscreen. Kids' bodyboards and sand pails are replaced with halloween costumes and candy. And even though it's still 90 degrees out where I live, forget about buying a new bathing suit or cute pair of shorts.

People seem to BBQ less. Summer vacations are over. School is back in session and autumn is on its way. But even though I love the fall and all the rich colors, inviting scents and homemade comfort food that it represents, I still want to revolt and keep that summer feeling going as long as I can.

You won't find plush turkeys or full-size decorative scarecrows at my house. No siree. I keep my tropical decor up all year round. I cook fresh seafood for as long as I can find it. I keep wearing my flip flops until my toes can't stand it anymore. And we keep going to the beach even if I have to wear a sweatshirt!

How do you keep your "summer attitude" going? I'd love to hear your comments. For other ideas check out OceanStyles.com

No comments: