Friday, October 15, 2010

Pina Ghoulada

Pinit
I am definitely in the Halloween spirit, can you tell? I found the coolest Halloween recipe for my favorite tropical drink from Martha Stewart. I'm in heaven! I'll definitely be trying this one out.

From MarthaStewart.com:
A frothy drink is tempting enough, but one served in a red-rimmed glass is particularly enticing to monsters who drink blood. Corn syrup with food coloring tinges the classic pina colada with a devilish sweetness. Dip the rim of each glass into the red mixture, spinning slowly to coat. Turn glasses upright; the red liquid will drip slightly, then set. Pour drinks, and serve. Drinkers' lips may be stained pink -- much like those of a sated vampire.

FOR THE "BLOOD"
  • 3 tablespoons corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoons red food coloring
**(I actually think grenadine would probably work just as well for this if you're ok with the touch of cherry flavor in your drink)

FOR THE DRINK
  • 20 ounces pineapple juice
  • 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 10 ounces good-quality rum

No comments: